The National General Certificate is a widely held health & safety qualification, with over 175,000 people having gained the qualification since launched in 1989.
It is useful to Managers, Supervisors and staff in organisations who need an extensive understanding of health and safety issues.
The certificate aims to help in risk management and is the first step many people take when pursuing a career in health and safety. It aims to provide a valuable overview of occupational health and safety.
The course is separated into 3 main units:
NGC1: Management of National health and safety unit
- Overview of health and safety
- Plan: Health and safety management systems
- Do: Health and safety management systems
- Check: Health and safety management systems
- Act: Health and safety management systems
GC2: Controlling Workplace Hazards
- Risk control & workplace hazards
- Risk control & transport hazards
- Risk Control & musculoskeletal hazards
- Risk Control & work equipment hazards
- Electrical safety
- Fire safety
- Risk Control & chemical & biological health hazards
- Psychological and physical health hazards & control
GC3: Practical Application
- Your personal tutor will guide you through your practical assignment. This will consist of a risk assessment in a workplace & a short report.
You will be provided with a full tutor throughout the duration of your course who will always be available for support and assistance. Get started today on your E-Learning course. Give our team a call on (+44) 01482 211989