The NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) is among the most sought-after health and safety qualifications and proves essential to those with a career in health and safety.
The qualification is internationally recognised and provides an extensive knowledge of key health and safety issues.
The IGC syllabus focuses on best practice and international standards in risk management, for example, the codes of practice used by the International Labour Organisation (ILO). Other factors such as local laws and cultural influences also apply where relevant/appropriate.
The qualification is broken up into 3 main units:
This focuses on: Management of health and safety.
Fundamentals in health and safety.
- Plan: Health and safety management systems.
- Do: Health and safety management systems.
- Check: Health and safety management systems.
- Act: Health and safety management systems.
This focuses on: Control of workplace hazards.
- Potential workplace hazards and risk control.
- Transportation hazards and risk control.
- Musculoskeletal hazards and risk control.
- Work equipment hazards and risk control.
- Electric safety.
- Chemical and biological health hazards and risk control.
- Physical and psychological health hazards and control.
This focuses on: Health and safety practical application.
Your tutor will guide you through you IGC3 assessment. This will consist of risk assessment at a workplace environment and a short report.
Benefits of choosing this course:
- Instant access.
Create a unique login and you can get started right away.
- Learn at your own pace.
The NEBOSH IGC takes approximately 130 hours to complete, and this can all be done in the comfort of your own home.
- Great value.
We’ll even provide you with your own tutor support. This is provided at no additional cost.
Each course is highly interactive, features high quality graphics and is designed to make your learning experience fun and engaging.
- Relevant and practical.
Each course is specifically tailored to give you the knowledge you actually need, making the NEBOSH IGC relevant to your practical requirements.
We use real-life everyday scenarios that managers and supervisors are familiar with.
- The NEBOSH IGC course will provide you with practical aids which you can use within your own work environments.
- Successful completion of the NEBOSH IGC will result in the NEBOSH International General Certificate award.
NEBOSH Exam fees are £110 for this course. This covers all three parts of the exam process. If you sit your exams with us in Hull, you won’t pay anything additional. If you sit your exams at a different exam centre, you will be charged an additional sitting fee. Contact us for additional advice so we can help. We can also arrange your exams to be held at a British Council if you are overseas.