The occurrence of digital technology has made education more accessible and convenient. Now, people can learn in the convenience of their own home and study whenever they can squeeze the activity into their hectic schedules.
However, it’s also due to the great convenience created by this kind of non-formal education that many struggle to learn as effectively as they need to. The lack of class structure, the freedom to study or not study, the lure of other websites, the distractions that abound, and other factors all come into play and make managing an online course troublesome.
If you have signed up for the IOSH Managing Safely E-Learning program and optimal learning is a must for you to ensure the health and safety practices of the business organisation you serve, don’t worry about the setbacks of online learning. There are proven effective ways for you to manage the e-learning course successfully and pass the exam with flying colours. Rounded up below are the best tips to follow.
- Read the syllabus thoroughly and familiarise yourself with the expectations for the course. This will allow you to understand how much time you need to devote studying the lessons.
- Create due dates and post the dates where you can always see them so you’ll learn to make time for studying even when you’re busy with other responsibilities. Being deliberate with learning is a must in overcoming the often-counterproductive tendency to study only when you have the time for it.
- Identify your optimum learning hours and choose to study during these hours. Don’t force yourself to wake up early in the day to study if you’re not a morning person. Choose those hours wherein you’re fully awake and can easily comprehend what you’re taught or what you’re reading.
- Assign a place for learning. Choose a location where you’ll be able to concentrate and will not be bothered by other people or other things that demand your time and attention.
- Get the support of the people around you, such as your family or co-workers if you like setting time to study when you’re at work. When you get their support, they will not bother you when you’re studying and make sure that others also don’t.
- Don’t procrastinate. Putting things off for later will only create unnecessary stress for you. Learning is more effective when you don’t feel rushed.
- Don’t forget to reward yourself for every lesson that you’re able to learn on time. This is a smart way to stay motivated.
Manage yourself and manage your time wisely – this is the key to successful learning. Follow the tips listed here and you can be certain to benefit fully from the IOSH Managing Safely E-Learning course.
Questions? We are happy to help! Just fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you shortly.