In a highly competitive professional arena, continuous learning is a must. You can’t be complacent and just work with what you currently know and see where that takes you. It’s imperative to look at all aspects of your job and identify areas for improvement so you can apply the necessary changes to elevate yourself.
If your goal is to advance in your career, either as an employee or as a business owner, there’s an abundance of courses available that you can take either online or in a traditional classroom setting to help you in this regard. Among them are NEBOSH courses which are very popular, particularly among people who work in manufacturing or whose daily activities involve processes that require great attention to safety and health.
Over 160,000 individuals apply for these courses because gaining certification provides numerous advantages. Business owners are able to comply with industry standards better and improve occupational health and safety in all aspects of operations. This, in turn, enables them to avoid costly accidents that derail productivity and profitability.
As for regular employees, they are able to protect themselves better, and they can take advantage of the available opportunities for them to take on new roles in the organisations they work for.
There are many career advantages derived from taking a NEBOSH course; rounded up below are five more.
- You can become the catalyst of change in your company. With your extensive knowledge in occupational health and safety, you can encourage your co-workers to do what is right and improve conditions at work at every opportunity. The positive change you create may get noticed and lead to a promotion.
- You can avoid personal health issues that can impact not just your productivity level but also your income.
- You can improve the quality of your work output by creating a streamlined and safe process that prevents painful accidents that require you to duplicate your efforts. Being industry-compliant will also help you secure your professional career, especially if you see yourself working for the same company for a long time.
- You gain confidence in your work. When you have all the principles or standards of health and safety properly covered, you stop second-guessing your process and the quality of the results you yield. You will not have to worry that your process could have a negative impact on end users or on the reputation of the company you work for.
- You get a new career opportunity. Occupational health and safety experts are greatly in-demand and companies actually look for people who are established experts in occupational health and safety that can train their employees. It’s a great way to establish a new career path, help other people, and generate more personal incomes.
Health and safety are key priorities of high-performing industries, so getting a NEBOSH certificate will certainly serve you well. There are different NEBOSH courses to choose from, but if you’re looking for a course that will provide you a solid foundation for a career in health and safety, the NEBOSH International General Certificate course is highly recommended.
Questions? We are happy to help! Just fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you shortly.